Thinking of investing in a new Learning Management System? eLearning freelancers should invest a lot of time in choosing the software before actually investing in buying the same. There are certain things to be kept in mind before finalizing on the software, for example – the needs of your clients (both present and future needs must be fulfilled), which feature is required to implement an effective online training program, the features and tools used must fulfill all your objectives, etc.
There are numerous advantages related to becoming an eLearning freelancer. If you are planning on becoming a full-time eLearning freelancer, there are certain financial issues to be considered, as this will be your sole source of income.
In this article, we will provide many tips and tricks that can help you become a successful eLearning freelancer, along with this we will also list some of the best LMSs for freelancers.
1) Create a Schedule and follow that diligently
The most important and the most challenging aspect are to create the work schedule and follow that without disruption. You will love working as many hours as possible in the beginning, but this might burn out gradually. Thus, it would be a good idea to create a schedule with a specific number of work hours per week, with some time off for you too. Create a calendar with your working hours and mark a day off from work. Balancing your work and personal life is equally important.
2) Create and keep on updating your eLearning portfolio
Create your online eLearning portfolio and make sure you pay attention to updating it regularly with your diverse talents and experience. Do not forget to mention that you are a full-time eLearning freelancer; this will assure your potential clients that their project will get your complete attention and will be finished within the given time frame.
3) Use Social Media wisely to boost your online presence
It is recommended to boost your online presence through social media platforms, like Facebook and LinkedIn. There are several professional groups on both platforms that you can join. Joining these groups will help you stay updated with industry standards, you will also know about new projects, you can even build connections who can recommend you to their eLearning clients. You can even consider building a website and managing a blog where you can post regular updates, this will help you in developing a strong online presence.
4) Success takes Time, Hard Work Pays
Things don’t happen overnight, success takes time as you need to invest a lot of time and effort. Things move gradually and require dedication and patience. Keep your cool, the clients take time to finalize the freelancer they want to work with, you will have to wait to hear back from clients regarding business proposals. If you are planning to transition from your ongoing job, then we recommend you to keep some money set aside before making the transition or if possible continue with the job till the time you are settled and confident of handling your finances completely by becoming an eLearning freelancer. This will make the process less stressful.
Here are some of the best LMSs for freelancers:
- Thinkific – Its powerful platform makes it to grow your business, share your knowledge, and scale your business. They have got the best support and the easiest technology in the business.
- LearnDash – This is the most trusted, light, and flexible WordPress LMS. You can create and sell courses, manage users, download reports, etc. This helps you access the latest eLearning industry trends.
- MasterStudy Education WordPress Theme – This is one of the most modern WordPress themes. This LMS allows creating online courses for everyone who wants to share their knowledge.
- Eduflow – Eduflow is the modern LMS with a built-in world-class authoring tool. This lets anyone create scalable and social learning experiences. You can try Eduflow for free.
- Adobe Captivate Prime – is a full-featured LMS having learners’ first approach. This allows you to manage end-to-end training effectively. Check their free trial model.
Always check the online reviews and ratings before investing in an LMS, they will give you a better picture of the LMS as the users will share their experiences. Try the LMS for yourself through a free trial or many vendors offer free test drives, which will help you in determining if the system works well for you and lives up to your expectations. Do not forget to test out the support services. Experienced tech support will help you lower the learning curve.