Remember back in the day, when you were a teenager growing up on the Internet, and your mom was giving you a massage while you were on the computer, and you got so excited that you sprayed your tube of “Muscle Milk” all over the keyboard?
It was always such a chore to clean that sticky mess out of your keyboard, and now that you’re a single adult, living on your own with little in the way of attention from women, I bet this happens to you more often than ever.
Removing “Muscle Milk” stains from your keyboard
Watching the latest anime movies are probably a big part of your life now, and sometimes things can get a little too hot and heavy. So with that in mind, I’ve come up with some strategies you can use to clean this bleach-scented goop out of your keyboard when things get a little too intense, and you unleash a torrent of “Muscle Milk” all over your brand-new mechanical keyboard:
- First, unplug the keyboard from the computer or turn off the power. Then, blot up as much of the liquid as possible with a paper towel or cloth.
- Next, use a can of compressed air to blow any remaining liquid out of the keyboard. Bonus points if you use a canless air system and blast the stuff clear across the room.
- If there are still some soupy residues left behind, you can try gently wiping them away with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol, or even just using the large box of tissues you keep near your desk at all times.
- Finally, once the keyboard is dry, you can plug it back in and start using it again. After all, there are so many videos and only so many hours in a day.
Just be sure to clean up any messes as soon as they happen, so you don’t have to go through this process again! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say.
How to avoid spilling “muscle milk” on your keyboard in the first place
Now that you know how to clean up a “Muscle Milk” spill, let’s talk about how to avoid it in the first place.
The best way to avoid spilling anything on your keyboard is to keep food and drink away from your desk altogether. But I know that’s not always possible, so here are a few other tips:
- Use a coaster for your drink, and make sure it’s big enough that the entire circumference of the glass or can is resting on the coaster. The coaster should be large enough to comfortably sit your Mountain Dew on top.
- If you’re eating at your desk, be extra careful not to get any crumbs on the keyboard. And for the love of God, don’t drop anything in there!
- Keep a spare paper towel or cloth nearby, in case of spills. We both know you do this all the time, so may as well prepare for it.
- If you’re really worried about spilling something, you can always buy a keyboard cover to protect your keys. I hear that they come in fun Sailor Moon and Hello Kitty styles, so there’s sure to be one that fits your winning personality.
By following these simple tips, you can hopefully avoid any future “Muscle Milk” stains on your keyboard. But if you do end up with a mess, at least now you know how to clean it up!
With a little bit of care and attention, you can keep your keyboard clean and free of “Muscle Milk” stains, no matter how often you get excited about anime movies.
And if you have any special strategies of your own, be sure to share them in the comments below!