If you’re looking for a spicy twist on the classic card game UNO, then you’ve come to the right place! Spicy UNO is a fun and fast-paced, new variation of the original game that is sure to get your heart pumping. It’s one of my favorite games, so let’s get to it.
Spicy UNO Rules (aka Crazy UNO)
A new game called Spicy UNO takes the traditional game of UNO and adds a new twist to it. This makes an already fun game new, unique, and fun.
Because the classic UNO game can be a little too easy for more skilled card players, Spicy UNO comes up with a new game mode.
It has many of the same official rules as UNO, but it encourages a lot more interaction between players, which makes it great for a party game with friends, like the Cops and Robbers card game.
What Is Spicy UNO?
Spicy UNO would not be possible without the original UNO, a card game that was invented by Merle Robbins in the United States and is now played all over the world.
The game Spicy UNO is a mix of Crazy Eights and regular UNO.
- This game needs at least 5–10 people to play.
- People of all ages and ages can play.
- Difficulty: It’s easy to play and understand.
- Between 10 and 15 minutes should be enough time for the play to be over.
- Racko, Phase 10, Sushi Go Party, Bohnanza, and UNO Roboto all have the same type of gameplay.
- The main goal is to get rid of all of your UNO cards before the other players do.
How To Set Up Spicy UNO
Shuffle the deck and give each player seven cards. When a player wants to draw a card, the draw pile is made up of cards that haven’t been used. The pile is in front of each player.
During play, players also place their cards in the middle of the table as the discard pile, so that they can be thrown away. When the draw pile is full, flip the discard pile over to make a new draw pile. Then you can start adding cards to the top of the pile again.
Spicy UNO Rules and Gameplay
Spicy UNO rules are the same as standard UNO rules, but they add extra card abilities to make things more interesting.
Starting the Game
To start, flip the top card from the draw pile over and put it in front of the first player. Then, the next player must follow.
When the player to the dealer’s left puts a card on top of the starting card, the game starts. This is how it works:
How to play Spicy UNO – The Basics
People who want to learn how to play Spicy UNO should start by learning the standard rules of the classic game. These rules also apply to the spicy version of the game.
Players go around the circle and put cards on the discard pile that matches the color or number of the cards that came before them.
One player can’t play a card. They must draw one and put it in their hand.
They say “UNO” when they can only have one card in their hand.
The player who gets rid of all of his or her cards wins the game.
UNO Special Action Cards
Some cards are not numbers; they are action cards with different abilities that can help or hurt you during the game.
- The wild card: which has four cards of each color, lets the player decide which color the other circle members must follow.
- Reverse Cards: They change the direction of the game. The reverse card has a background in one of the four colors, and two arrows that point in opposite directions.
- Draw 2: Players draw two cards from the draw pile. Players who are next to the current player forfeit their turn and must draw two cards from the draw pile.
- Wild Draw 4 card: It has all four of each color’s cards, as well as four more extra cards in the corner. They lose their turn and draw four cards from a draw pile. It’s also up to the person who chooses a new color to play the card.
Extra Rules to Playing UNO Spicy
In your UNO game, add the following rules:
- This means that the whole deck has to be slapped, with the last player picking two cards from a draw pile. If a player puts down a 6.
- If a seven is thrown, everyone must stay quiet until the next seven is thrown. Any player who talks during this time gets two cards.
- If you put a 0 on the table, you can make another player do the same thing to them.
- Anyone with the same card can put their card on the table during their turn. The game is kept going by the person who isn’t playing in their turn.
- In games where a +2 or +4 is played, it is possible to stack pluses in order not to get them. Anyone who doesn’t have a plus card picks up the laid number.
- If a player can’t move forward, they can ask for help from the circle instead of drawing from the draw pile. A player can show off any card they have in their hand, even if it doesn’t do anything for them.
Scoring In Spicy UNO
Spicy UNO doesn’t have a specific scoring system, but remember the sharpie we told you about as one of the things you’ll need?
The winner of the game is asked to sign their final card, which shows that they won. As you play Spicy UNO, it makes a deck of memories that is unique to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Spicy UNO that we get:
Is this game suitable for family game nights?
Spicy UNO is generally suitable for ages 7 and up, but as with any game, use your best judgment when deciding if it’s appropriate for your family.
Is this a good drinking game?
Yes, though we don’t recommend it for players who are already intoxicated because it may start some argument. I’ve seen this while camping before, and it can get pretty heated.
Is this the same game as Dirty UNO?
No, Dirty UNO is a different game with different rules. I’m sure you have some idea from the name what that version of the game is like. Just think about it for a moment…
How long does a game of Spicy UNO take to play?
A game of Spicy UNO usually takes about 30 minutes to play.
What are wild cards?
Wild cards are cards that can be played at any time, and they let the player choose what color the next person must play.
What is a draw card?
A draw card is a card that makes the player who played it draw more cards from the deck.
What is a draw 2 card?
A draw 2 card makes the next person in the circle forfeit their turn and pick up two cards from the draw pile instead.
What is a wild draw 4 card?
A wild draw 4 card is just like a wild card, but it also makes the next person in the circle forfeit their turn and pick up four cards from the draw pile.
Are there any special cards?
Yes, there are a few special cards in Spicy UNO. These include the reverse card, which changes the direction of play; the draw 2 card, which makes the next player forfeit their turn and pick up two cards from the deck; and the wild draw 4 card, which is just like a wild card but also makes the next player forfeit their turn and pick up four cards from the deck.
What does it mean to “stack” pluses?
Stacking pluses means that if a player plays a +2, the next player must play a +2 on top of it, and so on. If the next player doesn’t have a +2, they must pick up four cards from the draw pile instead.
What are zero cards?
Zero cards are cards that let the player choose any color they want. The next player then has to play a card of that color, or they will forfeit their turn and pick up two cards from the draw pile.
Is the game good for a large group of players?
Yes, as mentioned below, it’s ideal for 2-10 players. More than enough for you and your close friends.
How many players can play Spicy UNO?
Spicy UNO can be played with anywhere from two to ten players. If you want a faster game, make sure to keep the number of players low.
What happens if you have identical cards?
If you have identical cards, you can play them on top of each other during your turn. The game is then kept going by the last person who isn’t playing in their turn.
How do you win Spicy UNO?
The goal of Spicy UNO is to get rid of all of your cards. The first player to do that wins the game. So the end of the game looks like this:
Player 1 has no cards left, and so they are the winner!
The spicy version of UNO is a fantastic way to liven up the game if you’re bored of the traditional rules. Whether you’re playing with family, friends, or colleagues, this game is bound to get everyone involved and excited.
Do you have any other spicy UNO rules that we missed? Let us know in the comments section below.
So there you have it, spicy UNO rules to spice up your game! Be sure to try out some of these new rules the next time you play for a more exciting and challenging game. And remember, whoever wins gets to sign their final card with their name for all to see!