It is true that many people use a VPN connection to protect their online purchases or make all kinds of transactions that require an extra layer of protection for their network. VPNs also have many advantages for gamers and those who enjoy online streaming services.
However, what is a VPN exactly? VPN’s meaning is simple: Imagine a VPN as a tunnel that securely transfers your data without showing it to anyone.
We will show you some of the main uses of these tools to improve your performance with video games and enjoy your Netflix or Disney Plus subscription even more. And, if you still don’t have a VPN, try one for free to see first-hand the advantages listed below.
Advantages of VPNs for gaming
Let’s start with video games. Although using an encrypted connection to gain speed in games can be a bit contradictory, the truth is that VPNs can do this and much more. Some of the main advantages of VPNs for playing video games online are:
- They can help you reduce lag. Lag is one of the main enemies of gamers. A delay in communicating with game servers can put you at a disadvantage compared to other gamers. Still, VPNs allow you to bypass internet providers’ funneling processes, which throttle video game speeds to manage your game better. This will allow you to play with more speed and lower response times.
- They can be used to access exclusive DLCs. Some game content is only available in certain countries or can be obtained at lower prices in these places. With a VPN, you can change your IP address to access the contents unavailable in your country and get them at much lower prices.
- You can use them to play games not available in your country. When a new game comes out, or different features are tested for the games you already own, new releases are often limited to a specific area of ??the world, only after several months reaching global coverage. With a VPN, you can access these features before anyone else, then evolve your characters while the rest of your friends have to wait.
Advantages of VPNs for streaming
If you prefer streaming services, then a VPN may also be an ideal tool. Accessing a complete catalog of movies and series, enjoying your favorite movies anywhere in the world, and protecting your bank details are some of the functions you will have at your disposal with a VPN. Its advantages include:
- View your Netflix subscription on the go. Your Netflix subscription is limited to the national territory, so if you travel to another country, you may encounter a message that your internet connection is blocked. That’s why VPN services make it easy for you to continue watching your favorite content wherever you go. You must connect to a server in your country through your VPN to continue watching your favorite movies on Netflix.
- Access a streaming subscription from another country. You can also do the same process in reverse by getting a streaming subscription in a different country. In this way, you can access the Netflix catalog in the United States or Japan and enjoy its exclusive content, even if you are in Spain or Latin America. This will make it easier for you to catch the best new releases before anyone else!
- Protect your transactions when subscribing. Finally, you should remember that VPNs allow you to protect your connection thanks to an advanced encryption system. This way, you will enjoy a much higher level of security when you make online purchases, including paying for your Netflix, HBO, or Disney Plus subscription. Your VPN will keep your credit card details safe and secure from hackers.
VPNs offer much more than cybersecurity
As you can see, although VPNs are tools designed above all to guarantee the security of their users when browsing the internet, they have many other uses that make them almost indispensable tools for anyone.
Its advantages in gaming or streaming are numerous, and it can also be used to save a lot of money with your online purchases. That is why it is highly recommended always to have the services of a VPN to protect the information you send through your router and enjoy associated benefits.