Whether you’re looking to play in your local brick and mortar or at an online casino, knowing the odds is a vital part of optimizing your play and, if you play smart enough, you might just leave with a nice little profit. Or maybe you’re feeling lucky? Maybe you’re planning to throw caution to the wind and just place some bets on some unlikely wins and hope for the best? If you’re attitude is go big or go home, you may as well aim for the longest odds possible and see if you can land some big money. Here are some of the longest odds in the casino if you’re hoping to win and you can also check a list of pretty interesting casino and gambling sites at www.bestsitesuk.casino.
Now, Craps is actually a pretty good game in terms of odds if all you’re betting on are the pass/don’t pass bets where the odds are nearly 50:50. The confusion comes in when you start focusing on the different kinds of bets you can place that all have variable odds depending on what the dice-roll is and what number you’re expecting to see. If you’re looking for a 6 for instance, the odds are 6 to 5 and so is the pay-out. This is because there are many different ways the dice can land on a six so the odds are pretty short. With that in mind, the longest odds should be fairly evident, with 2 or 12 craps being the winner since there’s only one possible combination for each number respectively. The odds of getting either is 35:1 and, if the dice happen to fall that way, then your pay-out is expected to be 30:1. Although it’s well worth checking with the casino before you stick your money down just in case. If you’re not feeling quite as lucky; you could always bet 3 craps or 11 where the odds are only 17:1 but the pay-out also drops to 15:1. May as well take the longer odds then!
Much like craps, Roulette is as complex as you want to make it – at its core, you’re completely able to bet on something as simple as red or black with an approximately 50:50 chance of getting either. Approximate, because the house edge takes the form of the zero tile which you have on every roulette wheel, unless you’re playing the American version where you have two. This is relevant because the extra zero tile adjusts the odds by making everything a percentage of 38 rather than 37. So, any discussion of odds will be a little variable depending on where you’re playing, the general percentage is the same relative to the other numbers but the longest odds will be for the American version (though the pay-out will be the same). The longest odds for roulette is to bet on a single number as the odds will be 36:1 (or 37:1) and the pay-out is normally around 35:1 so you’re looking at a decent profit too!
Now, this is where it starts to get a bit fuzzy. If you’re playing poker then the odds and the pay-out will be shifting constantly as the game is played due to the cards your opponents get dealt and how they play them, so it’s a little tricky to talk in absolutes. What we can do is talk about how certain cards being dealt can translate into knowledge of the odds. For example, the odds of someone getting a pair are slightly higher than the odds of a high card because of how the deck shakes out. With that in mind, the most unlikely hand to get dealt statistically is the Royal Flush. The probability of landing one is about 30,939:1, which is pretty spectacular. To put this in context, the odds of getting a straight flush (not including the Royal Flush as a possibility) is 3,589.6:1 which is still pretty improbable but significantly more likely. This doesn’t automatically translate to a greater pay-out, it’ll depend how your opponents’ play their own hands, but if you do land one; try and encourage heavy betting as much as you can to boost the pot!
Probably the game that most perfectly sums up the casino, slot machines take up, on average, 70-80% of the room in a brick and mortar casino with table games making up the remaining 20%. They also tend to share the same approximate split when it comes to the casino’s revenue, the chance of winning something on a slot machine are (generally) the worst in the casino and the odds of hitting the jackpot are absolutely staggering. If the machine has five reels and you need an exact alignment of 1 out of 20 symbols on each drum the odds are 1:3,200,000 which is pretty far out. But if you do land that, your returns will be crazily high, well into the millions if you’ve picked the right slot.
So there you have it, if you’re looking to win big on the riskiest bets, these are the ones to look out for. Good Luck!