Everybody knows couscous is a versatile staple since it can pair very well with almost any other ingredient around the globe. It can be cooked in the summer or in the winter, for lunch or dinner. But did you know it can also be used to prepare your breakfast? Let’s see what it is about.
Getting into the details
You may be a couscous fan and, as such, you might be informed about couscous nutrition facts and the many recipes that exist.
But something that may surprise you is that couscous is a pasta variety made from semolina. As such, it is very easy to cook: you just need to boil it for a couple of minutes in water with a pinch of salt, and it is ready. As easy as that.
This is why it is an ingredient in a vast variety of cuisines around the globe. And it can also be served as a side dish or a main course. So, it seems there are no cons to this ingredient!
Do you fancy a nice breakfast?
Don’t you think it is really motivating when you wake up on a Monday morning –almost– ready to start your busy week and realize you have everything you need in your kitchen to prepare a delicious breakfast?
Eating something that is good for your health and, at the same time, exquisitely gives you the right amount of energy you need to get to work.
Today, you will learn how to make a breakfast couscous recipe that will make your mouth melt!
Let’s see what you are going to need
- 1 cup of couscous.
- 2 cups of water.
- 3 tablespoons of raisins.
- 3 tablespoons of flaked almonds.
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- 3 tablespoons of shelled pistachios.
- A pinch of ground cinnamon.
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- 1 orange.
- 1 cup of milk.
What you are going to do
- First, cook the couscous in a bowl and cover it with 2 cups of boiling water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until all the water is fully absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Then, soak the raisins in water for about 15 minutes until they soften, draining them.
- After that, toast the almonds and the pine nuts by putting them in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook them until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- The next step is to chop the pistachios and add them to the couscous. Add the raisins, almonds, pine nuts, cinnamon, sugar, and rosewater. Toss the preparation gently.
- Finally, serve it warm with a few gratings of orange zest to garnish. Warm and serve the milk on the side for pouring over.
- Always remember that cooking is about being creative. So, don’t be afraid to add any extra nuts you like.
- You can use coconut milk if desired. It will give the preparation a sweeter taste.
- Sparkling the dish with some grated coconut is also a great idea! It will enhance the overall recipe flavor.
If you were looking for a quick, healthy, delicious idea to make your next breakfast, I think you have just found it!
This couscous recipe is everything you need to start your day full of energy and motivation to go to work, school, or training. It can be adapted perfectly well to your personal day-to-day routine.
This breakfast is also ideal for pampering your couple on a rainy morning. You will surprise your soulmate, and he or she will be delighted! And it is going to become your favorite breakfast.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends as well. Because, indeed, if you make them try it, they will want to know the secret. So, be a good friend and give them the recipe!
Now, you have noticed it yourself. The only thing that you have to do is to check if you have everything you need to prepare this recipe and start making it.
Your soulmate, your friends, or just you. No matter who tries it, everybody will love this delicious breakfast.