While picking a computer desk, remember that they wildly differ from the writing desks. There is as much difference between these desks as, for instance, a dining table and a coffee table. Instead, computer desks are designed to ensure maximum user comfort and accommodate all the equipment.
Start from measuring the workplace: PC dimensions, the door width, and the free space that the table will occupy. This information will help you to understand which form of computer desk is best suited to your needs and whether it is necessary to order the computer furniture disassembled.
Light, relatively bright but not straight from the sun, best befall from the left. All kinds of stands and shelves for the monitor harm the eyesight.
Special desks for computer equipment are small but roomy and ergonomically well-designed.
Depending on their configuration, they are available with:
- PC stand is fixed or pulled out;
- shelves at the optimal height for a monitor, speakers, printer, scanner, telephone, and additional equipment;
- pull-out shelves: for keyboards, stationery, and other equipment;
- cable management: a system of multiple sockets and cable channels to make it easier to manage the wiring of the equipment in use;
- pull-out drawers: for storing writing utensils, documents, wires, and other items;
- adjustable, non-adjustable, or on wheels with a locking mechanism.
A functional computer desk helps to optimise and organise space. As a result, the user has enough space to work, all necessary equipment is within easy reach, and the workplace looks aesthetically pleasing and organised. In addition, the organisation of workstations is vital for well-being and productivity.
Which computer desk is the best choice?
When selecting a suitable model, the following elements are taken into account:
- parameters of the space allocated in the room for its installation;
- volume and characteristics of the computer and office equipment which you plan to arrange on shelves and stands;
- style and specifics of interior design;
- preferences of the buyers.
Influence the choice and peculiarities of the use of computer equipment. For the home office, models with numerous shelves are excellent. If you use a laptop, you may opt for a more compact desk. There are models with a rotating monitor stand for movie buffs, and for gamers, there are desks with a spacious tabletop to easily accommodate joysticks and speakers.
Some also might combine these two amusements. Since eSports is vast and gamers love to play, watch and bet, they can find trusted bookmaker operators who stream games at bookmaker-ratings.com.
Here are some tips for choosing this piece of furniture:
- Make sure you try to sit at the table to assess the comfort of working at it in practice.
- It is not desirable to place the desk so that the sun’s direct rays fall directly on the computer screen: it is very tiring for the eyes and disturbs the work.
- The worst way to sit at a desk, including a computer desk, is up against it.
- Ensure a power outlet is near the desk (extension cords are unsafe, and wires can visually clutter the room).
- Match your desk to the colour scheme in the room. Dark coloured furniture is undesirable as the contrast between the glowing monitor, and the dark tabletop will tire the eye.