How Modern Everyday Technology Can Help in Environmental Concerns of the Modern Times – a 2018 Essay Writing Contest by GeekExtreme.com for a chance to win a 500 USD Global Scholarship
Technology is interwoven within today’s society even at its most fundamental levels. We live in an amazing time period where gadgets – technological marvels that process data at the blink of an eye – can easily fit at the palm of our hand, pocket, or bag. They can be extremely helpful, while at the same time also being easily available to the public. In this day and age, technology can sometimes even be inseparable to people, as these devices big and small help their owners get through the day a little bit easier. Accessibility has been a great feature on today’s technology, as we can easily get hold of gadgets such as mobile phones that can help us communicate with someone from halfway around the world, to laptops and tablets that are capable of managing our schedules and routines, and even smart watches that can monitor our health and track our daily activity to help us get in better shape. These devices easily fit in our pockets and bags and can be taken wherever we go. Try as you might, it is fairly hard to miss the benefits of technology on our daily routines.
Here at GeekExtreme, we are proud to discuss the wonders and advancements in technology that you and I can afford, and we hope to share our passion with you. Technology has made our lives a lot easier, dealing with mundane tasks and giving us more time to focus on more important aspects of our day to day activities. These gadgets can be used in a wide variety of things, but most importantly, these devices play a role in our daily routines. Either work, hobby, or school, technology helps their masters get even against the odds put against them by an ever-present busy workload. Alas, technology provides indispensable aid for people in all walks of life.
We also know the burden that students have to face daily, and through our own experiences, understand the immensity of what a laptop or phone can present in making school work or organization a bit easier. We know the importance of school in a person’s growth, but also understand the obstacles that plague students globally. No matter where you are, a student’s worst enemy is one and the same – money. Monetary barriers will be at a student’s doorstep the minute they even consider pursuing their education. Expenses can ambush you at every corner, from the student lodging – either in-university or through an apartment, to food expenses, countless books and paperwork, and the actual fees for the courses you want to take; it can be a tough road ahead financially.
We are proud to open an annual essay writing contest for our readers and their loved ones, with the main goal of assisting students in their expenses wherever they may be. Simply create an essay and you may get the chance to win a 500 USD Scholarship for any school of your choice!
The challenge we are offering is a simple one. Tell us how you think modern everyday technology can be used or integrated in improving an ongoing environmental problem concerning your local area, a specific area involved in the news, or the planet as a whole. Impress us with your idea and your passion for today’s latest technological trends, and you just might be selected as the winner of this yearly event! The winner gets 500 USD for the school of their choice, which they can use in that institution for whatever purpose they see fit. The deadline will be the 1st of June annually, with one winner being chosen by our staff on the first week of July.
Interested applicants must be applicable under the following criteria:
- Interested applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 25, and must be currently enrolled in either the High School or College level
- This is a global competition open to all site members, with possible course and school recipients not only being limited to the United States
- Essay entries must be sent to our site before the 1st of June 2018, with the corresponding files sent at [email protected]
- Students wanting to participate are required to include at least one Letter of Recommendation along with their entry
- All interested students currently under any major or field can apply for the scholarship. To be able to join in the contest however, the student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their current studies.
- Remember: all essays should be your original work, written by you and not ordered on the side. Don’t plagiarize – think twice before you pay for essay writing services.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- The ability to portray a level of fortitude on a personal scale
- Showcasing the drive to succeed against current adversity
- Set detailed future goals with realistic ways to achieve them
- Being able to convey past / present hardships and how you overcame them, as well as demonstrating how it helped molding your current outlook in life
- Display a sense of self-motivation when trying to complete coursework
- And most importantly, the ability to encapsulate the necessity for financial assistance in their current situations
Each entry must be approximately one page in length and can be written in either the Spanish or English language. Essays need to be 500 words or more, and must revolve around the topic of the contest: Discuss and expand on an idea you have for using/integrating modern everyday technology in order to help improve an ongoing environmental concern, either on a specific locale or on a global scale.
Along with the essay, send an application form that includes the following:
- Your name and contact information
- The current school you are attending (recipient of the scholarship) along with their contact information and significant people involved
- A letter of reference written in either Spanish or English
- A paragraph that talks in detail about why you need the scholarship
Deadline for the submission of entries is the 1st of June 2018. Please make sure all necessary paperwork are sent in before then. The scholarship reward recipient will be chosen on the 1st of July 2018, with the funds being delivered to the winner’s school financial aid department. The reward will be sent directly to the school of their choice after establishing and confirming the parties involved. All private and personal information sent to us via this competition will not be shared with anyone for marketing and other commercial purposes. Elements of the essays will not be given, sold, or shared to any party outside the commission delegated in going through the entries and choosing the winner. The winner’s name and/or photo will be displayed and showcased on our website solely for the purposes of promoting this official scholarship competition.
So to our interested site members, good luck and happy writing!