Wanna know whether loyalty programs are gimmicks or great incentives? Well, as with everything else, it’d be silly to generalize. Some operators try to fool players, while others offer genuine packages, rewarding players for their loyal custom. We can say that loyalty schemes were never intended to be scams. They’re only meant to reinforce your gambling behavior so that you’d be more likely to keep playing with a particular casino. This is not to say that gimmicks don’t exist. Later on, we’ll be going into how you can recognize certain red flags. But before we get into how to differentiate a gimmick from a great incentive, it’s worth checking out King Johnnie Casino’s loyalty program, broken down into a VIP loyalty rewards system. On that note, let’s start by clarifying how loyalty programs differ from VIP schemes.
What Is A Loyalty Program And How Is It Different From A VIP Scheme?
The main difference between online casinos’ loyalty programs and VIP schemes is the level of exclusivity and privileges they offer.
On the one hand, loyalty programs are typically targeted toward regular players and aim to reward customers for their ongoing participation and loyalty. They often include tiered systems where players can earn points or rewards based on their level of activity or spending. These programs are generally open to all players and offer benefits such as:
- Complimentary bonuses on your birthday
- Attractive cashback promotions
- Dedicated personal account manager
- Higher withdrawal and deposit limits
- Quicker withdrawal processing
- Enhanced deposit bonuses
- Exclusive prizes and rewards
- Opportunity to win sports tickets
- Access to cutting-edge gadgets and other exclusive perks.
On the other hand, VIP schemes are usually more exclusive and targeted towards high-rollers or players who are willing to spend significant amounts of money at online casinos. VIP schemes often require players to qualify for membership to meet certain criteria, such as reaching a specific deposit or wagering threshold. Once you’re accepted as a VIP member, you typically receive added perks and privileges, such as personalized account managers, higher withdrawal limits, exclusive bonuses, and access to special events or promotions unavailable to regular players.
Therefore, while loyalty programs and VIP schemes are designed to reward players for their loyalty and activity at online casinos, VIP schemes tend to be more exclusive and offer higher benefits and privileges to a select group of high-rolling players.
What Makes For An Advantageous Loyalty Program?
A loyalty program that works in your favor usually includes the following perks or at least a good number of them:
- An average redemption rate of 15% or higher
- A variety of rewards to choose from
- Multiple ways in which to earn loyalty points (not just by playing but also by sharing content on social media, leaving reviews, and referring friends)
- Regular updates on your loyalty status and your progress toward your next reward
- Offers that are personalized to your preferences and past purchases
- The loyalty program experience is gamified so that it’s more exciting
- The rules and reward structures of the loyalty program are simple and clear to follow
How Can I Spot Scams From Miles Away?
To be loyal to a casino, you need to be confident in depositing and playing regularly at that particular casino. Of course, you wouldn’t want to wager your money with an untrustworthy operator that isn’t worth it’s salt. Therefore, it’s crucial to evaluate an online casino well before you make any deposits so that if there are any red flags, you’d avoid them like the plague. Here are a few red flags that should be screaming ‘Run!’:
- The program promises unrealistically high rewards or benefits that seem too good to be true.
- The program requires upfront fees or payments to join or asks for sensitive personal information beyond what is necessary for a typical rewards program.
- Its terms and conditions lack transparency, making understanding how it works or how rewards can be redeemed difficult.
- Has poor customer reviews or a history of complaints regarding unfulfilled rewards or difficulty in redeeming points
- The program is associated with a suspicious or untrustworthy brand or website or has no clear contact information or customer service support.
It’s important to exercise caution and conduct thorough research before participating in any loyalty rewards program to avoid falling victim to a fraudulent casino.
Tips And Tricks Related To Loyalty Programs
- Read Reviews
Reading reviews is a great way to gather information about how an operator treats its customers and its specific strong points until you determine a casino that offers what you’re really seeking.
- Check The Terms and Conditions
After perusing reviews, take a hard look at the casino’s fine print to make sure that what’s expected from you as a player, matches your playing preferences
- Focus On Learning Strategies
Research and learn strategies for games that give the most points for less money, and play the system to your advantage.
- Play Wisely
Instead of focusing solely on VIP treatment, prioritize spinning for free, betting with minimal amounts, and staying within your budget for a more sustainable casino experience.
- Set a Budget And Stick To It
Getting rewards from loyalty programs is all well and good, but even if the casino is not a scam, you’re still running the risk of overplaying just to quickly climb up the casino hierarchy. If you notice that you’re not managing your bankroll well, use features like loss limits, play limits, deposit limits, and bet limits. You can even self-exclude entirely if you notice your gambling habits are getting out of hand.