Maybe I like it cause it’s pretty — or maybe I just like saying al-u-MIN-i-um, but I digress…
Averatec released the 13″ N3400 aluminum (al-u-min-i-um) clad laptop yesterday. Weighing in at less than 4lbs and with an MSRP of around $799 it’s not too shabby.
[singlepic id=157 w=530]
As one of the thinnest and lightest notebooks on the market, the N3400 meets the demand of consumers who require the ultimate in portability and a little flash of style without breaking the bank,” said Henry Hewitt, vice president of sales at TriGem USA. “Although it is small in size and weight, the N3400 is large in power and performance. This notebook is sure to stand out from the crowd with its low weight, small footprint and affordable price point.
- Intel Pentium Dual Core T3400 2.16GHz
- 13.3″ WXGA
- 3GB DDR2, Expandable to 8GB
- 250GB SATA (5400 rpm)
- External USB 8x dual-layer DVD burner (Not sure if this comes in the same Aluminum outfit)
- All your standard ports & a 4-in-1 memory reader
- Bluetooth, 802.11n, and standard gig-E lan port
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- 12.8″ x 9.0″ x about 1″ thick
- 3.8 lbs
Overall, it’s not a bad looking package for $799.