Since the financial crisis it seems that there has been an explosion in bingo, casino and gambling websites. I literally find that I can’t sit through a forced viewing of Emmerdale (which, believe me is torture enough) without hearing the maddeningly mind-sticking “Ga-La-La-La” of the Gala Bingo ads, nor having to hear about Barbara Windsor’s big blue balls.
So I’m taking a stand. Here’s how I’m going continental with my casino gaming (and 5 other procrastination tasks for the professional putter offer).
The Automatenherz website is a German gaming website that features all the core casino games, as well as a couple of slots. Given that Google translate doesn’t seem to automatically provide me with an English version of the website I’m feeling slightly better about spending my time gaming – after all, it’s tested my decades old German language skills, so that has to be productive, right?
OK, so this blog from Switzerland may well accommodate the English player with content that’s all in our native language, but I still get a feel good feeling Casino or Bingo gaming here knowing that my hard earned cash isn’t contributing directly to the television torture that comes from Gala Bingo et al.
5 Other procrastination tasks for the terminally unproductive
If after gaming over on these websites you find yourself with plenty more time on your hands here are five more tasks that are guaranteed to keep you away from your To-Do list.
1. Take a trip to Buzz Feed – This website has it all – stupid cat videos, the best of Hot-Bling banter and fascinating facts upon everything from Chorizo sausage to Harry Potter – what’s not to love?
2. Baking up some super-fast food with Tasty – If you’ve not heard of the epic Facebook page that is ‘Tasty’ then you’re seriously missing out. This page posts super easy recipes in video format. And after scoffing all of that delicious food you can look forward to the most enjoyable (and effective) procrastination task of all – sleeping within a carb filled, calorie induced coma.
3. FaceSwap until your hearts content – Not heard of FaceSwap? Well I’m not sure where you’ve been all this time but the FaceSwap app is just about the best thing to have happened within the app world, ever. This tidy SmartPhone tool allows you to create some weird images where babies become the adults and where pets become the owners. It’s pretty creepy stuff, actually.
4. Take a trip to the Pawn shop and Go Retro – Retro gaming seems to be seeing a real resurgence, so take a visit to your local pawn shop, pick up that Snes, N64 or GameCube for around £20 and take to those epic games that probably defined your childhood. Round of Zelda, Need for Speed or Super Mario 64, anyone?
5. Make the ultimate procrastination list of stuff to do when you’re avoiding doing other stuff – Because, you know, you’re going to be at a loss for things to spend your time upon once you’re finished with this list.
echo header(‘X-Robots-Tag: nofollow’);