Everyone was created an equal, which means everyone has the right to look fabulous in what they wear! The key is to accentuate your best features while rocking your body with confidence and to know how to dress for your body shape.
So, the priority is to ascertain your body shape and then revamp your wardrobe with what suits you the best. There is always an option to explore the best shapewear available at Old Navy as it offers amazing discounts. Use Old Navy coupons to score concessions of up to 75% at the clearance sale on a wide range of products like Bodysuits, activewear, dresses, Rompers, Pants, Shirts, Jackets, and coats in all sizes including Plus size.
When it comes to fashion and style the need of the hour is to dress as per one’s body shape. So here, we are going to highlight what styles work best for which body types.
Pear-Shaped or Regular Triangle body shape
A pear-shaped body is identified with a heavy bottom, so the challenge is to balance a heavier lower body with a narrow shoulder line. Thus, the goal is to create an illusion of broad shoulders which can be achieved with a boat neck top, an off-the-shoulder, sleeveless, or strapless dress.
- Always go in for tops with shoulder pads and choose outfits with bell sleeves, cap sleeves, or puff sleeves.
- When shopping for pants consider the straight fit or flared instead of the skinny ones.
- The same goes for skirts. Pencil skirts are your enemy so stay away from them, instead opt for an A-line cut. Find great deals on Women’s Petite Croft & Barrow A-line Skirts at Kohl’s, available in Black, Blue & grey colors.
- If you like to layer clothing, avoid cropped jackets as they expose the hips, alternately, go in for a long jacket that hits below the hips or mid-thigh.
- Coming to color choices opt for lighter shades for the top, and dark shades will work for the lower half of the body.
This Marilyn Monroe figure is one shape that every woman yearns for. Here, your waist is the slimmest part of the body with well-balanced shoulders and hips. Make the best use of your assets with well-fitted clothes.
- Adorn outfits with a V-neck which compliment your body
- Pencil skirts are your best bet as it hugs your curves at the hips, and that creates an illusion of longer leaner legs. So, don’t miss the clearance sale at J C Penney with 65% off on the Petite Pencil Skirts collection.
- You can never go wrong with high waist skirts to show off your dainty narrow waist.
- With an hourglass body shape, you have the advantage of experimenting with patterns and colors.
- However, avoid wearing loose, shapeless dresses as they will make you look bulky.
Apple-shaped Body (Also known as Round body shape)
Women with well-rounded waist and hips constitute this body shape where the bust appears fuller and the bottom flat. A little tricky to work with as this shape has a larger upper body with no defined waistline.
- Wear well-fitted long sleeves tops with V-neck to your full advantage.
- Your main assets are your long legs so indulge in high heels to accentuate their length & definition. If you are looking for heeled sandals, Shop at Macy’s which is having an extensive collection of medium & high- heeled sandals with 30-60% off coupons on Footwear.
- Give a cool twist to your closet by stocking it with straight-cut pants or jeans. The Black denim-wash pair of jeans at Old Navy is waiting to be picked up for $39.99 with @20% off using the Old Navy Coupons.
- For a slimming effect wear dark shades with vertical, or diagonal stripes.
- Remember to refrain from wearing material that clings to your body.
Rectangular Shaped Body
The Rectangular body type is usually lean having the same shoulder line and hips. They are also known to have an athletic type of body. High-waisted trousers with belts will look very appealing on such a type of body shape.
- Nearly all types of Pants will suit but avoid wearing the ones with vertical stripes if you are thin.
- Boot cut and wide-leg pants are also a great option to consider. Women’s Levis Boot cut slim fit jeans are available in all sizes and shades at a deal at Kohl’s @$49.99 with a savings of $10.
- People with this type of body shape can find a place in their closet for all Skirt styles like pencil Skirts, paneled skirts, Pleated ones, and high-waist Ballerina style. Plenty of options in vibrant colors, knitwear, silk, and even sequins for special occasions are up for grabs at Mango.
- You are free to wear crop tops and can layer them with short denim or leather jackets.
- All those who fall under this body shape can put their best foot forward, and stay in vogue with Ankle Boots and Knee-high boots which can be procured from Urban Outfitters and Mango having a great collection.
This type of body structure has a flat midsection and athletic women usually have this type of body. Avoid necklines like a boat neck or a halter- neck or large patterns on your upper half. Instead, opt for items that highlight your bottom half.
The Boyfriend jeans work best on inverted triangle body shape and the American eagle has an array of options to choose from with 25% off on Jeans & Joggers. Your long legs are your best asset, so you should avoid high-heeled shoes.
So, it’s time to stop envying others and start dressing right. Style isn’t one size fits all, instead, look for comfort rather than chasing the latest trends as not every trend needs to suit every woman. So, the secret lies in adapting the latest trends to one’s style of creativity, comfort level, and body type.