Nowadays, people have become increasingly dependent on the web for their day-to-day requirements. Digitalization has brought about a paradigm shift in consumer behavior. More than 54% of website traffic across the globe was generated from smartphones alone. And, predictions show that this number will go up by leaps and bounds because more people will start using smartphones by 2024.
Naturally, companies want to optimize their website, making it mobile-friendly as much as possible to offer the users a brilliant user experience. Your website’s page ranking will hugely depend on user satisfaction. Mobile-first indexing is gradually becoming a thing of the present, and Google is pushing it to make things easier for customers who browse through the web to find little things they need.
So, what is meant by mobile-friendliness?
A website that is regulated to serve mobile users well, is mobile-friendly. Mobile-friendly websites are dedicatedly designed for mobile devices such as smartphones, tabs, and more. A website with content and pictures that is easy to read on both desktops and smaller hand-held devices can be considered mobile-friendly. Furthermore, a user should not find it challenging to navigate through the site. This means surfing through the pages of the website must be seamless. Once the user clicks on the links on the pages, it should redirect them to the correct page smoothly. The bottom line is that a user should find everything as quickly as possible.
We all lead a fast life, and there is no time to adjust the settings, zoom in or out. A user will certainly not want to put in extra effort to find what he needs. Hence, the company must optimize its website and make it “smooth like butter.”
The world’s top websites have already started implementing mobile-first indexing and reaping the benefits. When are you going to start? We have jotted down five ways you can make your website totally mobile-friendly.
- Users must be able to interact with websites smoothly: Usually, we all use our thumbs to interact with websites while using any hand-held device. Most smartphone users use only their thumbs to click on links, pictures, and more. Do you understand what this means? Well, making your links clickable and available within the thumb zone can help your website achieve the desired results. Moreover, the buttons should be easily clickable and visible. The buttons should have at least 48 pixels to ensure proper touch functionality. It will also include pixel padding. There should be adequate space within the hyperlinks to offer enough finger room to make tapping super easy. You’ve got to make the website eye-friendly as well. For instance, Etsy has its key content aligned well in the middle of the screen, enhancing the reading experience. Plus, the muted tone of the website provides respite to the eyes.
- Minimalism is outstanding: The simple designs add value to the mobile-friendly attribute of the website. So, what matters the most is reducing the unnecessary to include the necessary. You can stow away the navigation menu to keep the layout simple.
- The web design must be responsive: The web design must go well with all screen sizes and resolutions. Mobile devices with enhanced UX go a long way. When everything is flexible, people like it the most. The text, images, buttons, and more should align organically with the size of the screen and the overall orientation. The elements should be like water. It should be flexible enough to fit in appropriately and adapt well.
- The call to action must be unique: Provide information to the mobile users as quickly as possible and welcome conversions. Hence, your goal is to keep all the necessary information out in the open. Your CTAs must be unique, compelling, and as clear as broad daylight. Use big buttons, easily readable fonts, attractive color schemes, and more to lure the customers because intuitive and persuasive CTAs can be a real game-changer.
- Integrate mobile features: Your mobile phones are already intuitive. Use the intelligent features to derive benefits by optimizing your website. So that it can adapt quickly to the device’s abilities. Utilize the phone’s hardware to make various tasks easy. There could be repositories for phone numbers and email ids. A touch on this repository can make phone calls or send an email.
Making your website mobile-friendly is mandatory today. These are five efficient ways to achieve the desired results for your website.